Tuesday 2 October 2012

Shearing time!!

Shearing time!! One of my favourite times of year. I just love the buzz of the shed and the constant hum of the handpiece.




This year I was away during the later half of shearing for my Art4Agriculture Young Farming Champion visits in Sydney. I visited two schools and although they were 'chalk and cheese', I couldnt have enjoyed it more! The students are so responsive and quite often it is so far removed from what it is that they get to experience in their lives. And even if they have some 'experience' with Ag, the misconceptions are far and wide. I love having the opportunity to be able to engage with the next generation and hopefully I can spark some enthusiasm and curiosity in the wonderful industry of Agriculture!

This is a promo shot for my sponsor, Australian Wool Innovation. They have been amazing throughout the whole experience, and I cant thank them enough. They really do go over and above for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment