Friday 8 June 2012

Coming out of the Dark Ages!

So this week, something very exciting happened in my household. I (FINALLY!!) got the internet connected. You might gasp! at the very thought of not having the net hooked up. I have been putting off for the last oh...7 years that I have lived on and off in this beautiful old house of mine. Between moving to Mungindi and back and attempting a trip around this grand country we call home, I've always avoided any sort of 'contract'. I was able to seal the deal with just a six month contract term, so if I do get cabin fever again, its not such a huge outlay. Thanks to the fantastic government subsidy, I now have super fast internet which I can't seem to tear myself away from.



The little box of flashing lights that greets me as I walk into my office


The monster of a satellite dish that gives me the freedom of connection

So I now look forward to being able to keep up with things and perhaps dabble with a few more blog entries! :) 

1 comment:

  1. What a great feeling! Who knows how we lived before internet - I seem to remember being alive, but can't remember what I did!

    I also have "contract phobia" - I once had to pay $600 to cancel a gym membership because I decided to skip town. Not that I'm planning on skipping town where I live now - but I still do prefer to have other people take out the contract in their name and I just pay them cash ahahaha... old habits die hard!

    ReplyDelete